Authors are invited to submit full-length high-quality papers in image processing and machine vision. Papers covering theory and/or application areas of computer vision are invited for submission. Submitted papers will be refereed on their originality, presentation, empirical results, and quality of evaluation.
All papers will be reviewed doubly blind, normally by three members of our international programme committee. Please note that BMVC is a single track meeting with oral and poster presentations and will include two keynote presentations and one tutorial.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Statistics and machine learning for vision
- Stereo, calibration, geometric modelling and processing
- Face and gesture recognition
- Early and biologically inspired vision
- Motion, flow and tracking
- Segmentation and grouping
- Model-based vision
- Image processing techniques and methods
- Texture, shape and colour
- Video analysis
- Document processing and recognition
- Vision for quality assurance, medical diagnosis, etc.
- Vision for visualization, interaction, and graphics
- Object detection and recognition
- Video analysis for action and event recognition
- Illumination and reflectance
- Deep learning for vision
- 3D computer vision
- RGBD analysis
Accepted papers will be included the conference proceedings published and DOI indexed by BMVA. Past proceedings can be found online here. Prospective authors can have a look at the 2016 edition, as an example.
Paper submission deadline is
30 April 2018 7 May 2018 (23:59, Pacific Time), important dates can be found here
Selected best papers are invited to a special issue of the International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) for BMVC 2018 Best Papers.