Paper submission and registration are handled on CMT. Paper registration is performed by registering as a user with CMT and entering a paper title and abstract. This will result in the allocation of a “paper ID”, which indicates registration is completed and should be used in preparation of the review copy. You will be able to make edits and upload new paper drafts until the final deadline. Submitted papers should be prepared according to the published specification for formatting and style. Please be sure to read both the formatting instructions and policies before submission. Some common questions about submission are addressed in the FAQs.
FORMATTING YOUR PAPER
A complete paper should be submitted in according to the formatting style. The length should not exceed 9 pages excluding the references. Any appendices must precede the reference list.
SUBMITTED (UNDER REVIEW) PAPER
Papers submitted for review should be anonymous and instead include the paper ID as allocated by CMT upon registration of the paper. The addition of line numbers (automatic in the LaTeX template) should be included, in order to facilitate the review process.
A complete paper should be submitted in according to the formatting style. The length of papers submitted for review should not exceed 9 pages excluding the references. Any appendices must precede the reference list.
By submitting a manuscript to BMVC, the authors guarantee that it has not been previously published (or accepted for publication) in substantially similar form. Furthermore, no paper which contains significant overlap with the contributions of this paper either is under review at the moment of submission or will be submitted during the BMVC 2017 review period to any of the following: another conference, a workshop, or a journal. The authors also attest that they did not submit substantially similar submissions to BMVC 2017. Violation of any of these conditions will lead to rejection.
If there are papers that may appear to violate any of these conditions, it is the authors’ responsibility to
- Cite these papers (preserving anonymity)
- Argue in the body of your paper why your BMVC paper is non trivially different from these concurrent submissions
- Include anonymized versions of those papers in the supplemental material
FINAL CAMERA READY COPY (CRC)
Camera-ready submission for accepted papers will be open via CMT (https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/BMVC2018). At least one registration of an author is required per accepted paper by this date. e.g. for any two papers at least two registrations are required. Papers for which we have no registered authors will be removed from the conference. For each accepted paper authors should upload:
- final camera-ready paper (in PDF format)
- spotlight video for spotlight posters only (in MP4 file)
- optional supplementary materials (ZIP file up to 100MB)
The name of your submission file must be of the form XXXX.pdf where XXXX is the four-digit paper ID (zero-padded if necessary). For example, if your paper ID is 24, the filename must be 0024.pdf.
You are permitted one extra page in the camera ready copy to take into account the reviewer’s comments. This means the length of the camera ready copy should not exceed 10 pages excluding the references.
Typesetting should preferably be done using the PDFLaTeX system (part of all modern LaTeX distributions). However, submissions prepared in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice will be accepted. The following templates are provided:
- LaTeX/Word/OpenOffice templates (zip): bmvc2018_sty_review.zip
- LaTeX/Word/OpenOffice templates (tar.gz): bmvc2018_sty_review.tar.gz
- Review example PDF : bmvc_review.pdf
- LaTeX/Word/OpenOffice templates (zip): bmvc2018_sty_final.zip
- Review example PDF : bmvc_final.pdf
Authors may optionally upload supplementary material, which may include:
- Videos to showcase results/demo of the proposed approach/system
- Images and other results in addition to the ones in the paper
- Anonymized related submissions to other conferences and journals
- Appendices or technical reports containing extended proofs and mathematical derivations that are not essential to the understanding of the submitted paper
BMVC encourages authors to submit videos using an MP4 codec as per spotlight instructions below. Also, please submit a README text file with each video specifying the exact codec used and a URL where the codec can be downloaded.
The authors should refer to the contents of the supplementary material appropriately in the paper. Note that reviewers will be encouraged to look at it, but are not obligated to do so. Note also that there will be a prize prize for the best video/demo.